There comes a time in the life of every Staten Island homeowner when a new water heater is needed. Now you have the opportunity of choosing the same old tank system or installing a modern tankless water heater. There are many advantages of a tankless water heater and it might fit your needs better than the traditional tank system. Platinum Plumbing has extensive experience with both tank and tankless hot water systems and can help you choose the best tankless water heater for your specific situation. We can also perform a professional tankless water heater installation at the most affordable cost.
Why You Should Choose A Tankless Water Heater
- Hot water on demand – One of the best advantages of a tankless water heater is that you have hot water right when you need it. With a traditional tank system, you have hot water as long as the tank is full, but when it runs out you have to wait for more to heat up. Also, a tank system has to push cold water out of the lines before the hot water reaches the faucet. Tankless water heaters heat the water as you need it so it’s always available as soon as you turn the faucet on.
- They are energy efficient – Tankless water heaters can be up to 34% more energy efficient than a tank system. This can save you a lot of money on your utility bills over time as they don’t keep water heating in a tank waiting to be used.
- They have a longer life span – A hot water tank is subject to deterioration over time and is prone to other maintenance issues. The average lifespan of a hot water tank is 10-15 years. Tankless water heaters routinely last for 20 years or more.
- Tankless water heaters save on space – A hot water tank is bulky and takes up a lot of room in your basement or utility closet. A tankless water heater is a small unit that can be mounted on a wall almost anywhere, in the garage, in the basement, in a closet, or under a sink.
- Multiple units can be used – For a smaller home where only one or two water sources need to have hot water, one unit will usually do the job. For larger homes, multiple units can be installed, as many as necessary. They are also the best choice to use for room additions.
- They are environmentally friendly – They use less water and less energy to heat the water than a traditional hot water tank. Tankless water heaters are a better choice for green-conscious homeowners.
Tankless water heaters are available in both gas and electric models, although gas is usually recommended for larger homes because they have more capacity.
- Tankless water heaters can be up to 34% more energy efficient.
- The average lifespan of a tankless water heater is 20 years as opposed to 10-15.
- They’re small and can save on space.
- They’re great for a green-conscious homeowner since they are environmentally friendly.
Platinum Plumbing has extensive experience with tankless water heater installation. We can advise you on which model and configuration is right for your home and make sure it’s installed correctly so it will be problem-free. We are a fully licensed full-service plumbing Staten Island company. We are available 24/7 to handle any plumbing emergency. If you’d like to find out more about how a tankless water heater can benefit you, call us at 718-568-9242 or contact us online.