Platinum Plumbing’s plumbers in Staten Island, NY possess the expertise to provide water heater services on all brands and types of conventional water heaters for your home. A professional water heater installation will ensure its proper operation, your safety, and its optimal energy efficiency.
A proper installation includes the factors of fuel type, climate, local building codes, capacity, and safety issues, especially those involved with gas water heaters. The proper capacity is essential for your household needs, energy costs, and for obtaining the longest lifespan possible for the appliance.
Household hot water needs can change, as children leave home for college and careers, or for a young growing family. In addition, adding a bathroom or installing additional appliances may increase your hot water needs, requiring a larger water heater capacity. When you are considering conventional water heaters for your home, installation by a Platinum Plumbing Staten Island plumber will assure you of a proper installation. We can assist you in your selection.
Consider the following factors when shopping among conventional water heaters for installation:
New federal standards effective after April 16, 2015 require all conventional water heaters manufactured on and after this date to be insulated, saving on the cost of energy.
- Conventional water heaters are available in electric, liquid propane (LP) and natural gas models.
- Conventional water heaters are classified by the amount of water they hold in gallons. Tank size is an essential consideration, and household needs will vary depending upon the number of persons in the home, and the household’s hot water habits and needs.
- When shopping for a water heater, compare energy efficiency and yearly operating costs on the Energy Guide label.
- Recovery is the amount of time it takes to heat a full tank of water. A greater household demand for hot water calls for a higher recovery rate. Purchase a water heater with a fast recovery, especially for a large family or households using large amounts of hot water.
Gas vs. Electric Water Heaters
Electric Water Heaters
- Uses replaceable heating elements
- Less costly than other types
- High efficiency options are available
Gas Water Heaters
- Uses a burner to heat water
- Additional safety considerations are applicable
- Cost is higher than for electric water heaters
- Higher energy efficiency than electric water heaters
Platinum Plumbing’s knowledgeable licensed plumbers in Staten Island can provide the professional installation of conventional water heaters that you need. In addition, our plumbers offer water heater repair, and a broad range of expert plumbing services you can rely on in Staten Island, NY.