Leak Detection | Slab Leak
A slab leak is the industry term for a leak that occurs under the concrete foundation of a home. Slab leaks are a serious threat, as extensive damage can occur to your home and its foundation. Without leak detection, slab leaks can be difficult to locate.
Before leak detection, excavation was required and could be extensive. Fortunately, today’s plumber has equipment and tools utilizing advanced technology to assist them in locating and repairing slab leaks without extensive destruction of your home’s slab and flooring. A Platinum Plumbing plumber in Staten Island can efficiently locate and repair slab leaks.
The video camera pipe inspection is an innovative tool that has revolutionized the plumbing industry. The video pipe inspection enables the plumber to view the interior of drains and sewer pipe in real time.
In addition, plumbers often utilize a process called electronic leak detection. The tool locates amplifies sound, making the location of water leaks an easier task.
Our licensed plumbers possess the expertise to provide an accurate diagnosis, and first quality plumbing repairs and installations each time.
The following signs can indicate the presence of a slab leak:
- Unexplained high water bills
- Wet areas or puddles on flooring
- A hot spot on the floor
- Uneven flooring
- Low water pressure
- Wet shoe molding and damp drywall
- Mold and mildew
- A musty or moldy odor
- Water leaking, standing or running out from under the slab on the home’s exterior
- The sound of running water
- Cracks in the foundation or floor and/or settling of the foundation
Use the Water Meter Test to Check for a Water Leak
The water meter test is an easy way to verify whether you have a water leak:
- Shut off all appliances that may use water during the test such as the icemaker.
- Write down the numbers on the meter, and do not use any water for one hour.
- After one hour, check the meter reading again. If the numbers have changed, you have a water leak.
Sewer Pipe Leaks
Sewer pipe leaks can remain undetected for lengthy periods, leading to foundation damage, potential contamination of ground water and nearby lakes, and other waterways. Potential signs are sewage odor and uneven floors.
The expertise of a Platinum Plumbing plumber in Staten Island ensures accurate slab leak detection utilizing the latest technology. Our plumbers can efficiently locate and repair your slab leak so that your home does not experience further damage. Typically, our skilled plumbers can repair the majority of slab leaks without damage to your floors. For slab leak detection and repair you can rely upon, give us a call.